Latest NEET PG 2018 Exam Notifications
NEET PG (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test–Post Graduate) is a national level examination organized by the NBE (National Board of Examinations). Candidates looking for admission in MD/MS or PG Diploma Courses can appear in the NEET PG 2018 entrance exam.
On the basis of NEET PG 2018 score candidates will get admitted to top colleges and universities of the country.
NEET PG 2018 application forms are available from 31st October 2017. Candidates, who want to appear in this national level medical exam, must submit their NEET PG 2018 application form before the last date which is 27th November 2017.
NEET PG 2018 Important dates:
|1.||Availability of NEET PG 2018 Brochure||31st October 2017|
|2.||Online application will commence from||31st October – 27th November 2017|
|3.||Releasing date of admit card||After the application and scheduling process is over|
|4.||Date of NEET PG 2018||January 7th, 2018|
|5.||Declaration of result||January 31st, 2018|
Candidates aspiring to appear for NEET PG 2018 should ensure they fulfill the eligibility criteria as declared by the NBE, which is as follows:
- Candidate must possess a recognized MBBS degree or pass certificate.
- Candidates must have a permanent or provisional registration certificate issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Candidates who completed their MBBS in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir will not be eligible for All India 50% Quota seats unless they had done their MBBS as Government of India nominees for Central Pool seats.
- Candidates who do not complete their internship by March end 2018 will not be allowed to appear for NEET PG 2018.
- Candidates found violating the eligibility criteria at any stage of the admissions process will have their results cancelled and removed from the NEET PG process.
- Candidates (unless with domicile in J&K, Assam or Meghalaya) are required to enter their adhaar card details at the time of online registration of NEET PG 2018.
The NBE has released the online application form of NEET PG 2018 on October 31, 2017. The last date to fill the application form is November 27, 2017. Candidates should ensure they meet the eligibility criteria before filling the NEET PG 2018 Application Form. As per the recent official notification, candidates (unless with domicile in J&K, Assam and Meghalaya) must also possess an Aadhar card to register for NEET PG 2018. Those who do not yet have an adhar card must get it made from Aadhar Enrollment Centre at the earliest.
Fees for the application form of NEET PG 2018 will have to be paid in online mode either via Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking options. The category-wise NEET PG Application Form 2018 fees are as shown in the table below.
|General/OBC candidates||Rs. 3750|
Candidates who will successfully register for NEET PG 2018 will be able to download NEET PG 2018 admit card from their registered email id. NEET PG admit card will consist of candidate’s name, examination date and timings, examination centre address, instructions to be followed and date of birth etc.
NEET PG Syllabus 2018:
The syllabus of NEET PG 2018 comprises of subjects studied by the candidates in MBBS and BDS while obtaining their degrees. The exam will also include preclinical, para-clinical and clinical. Approximate weightage will be given to each subject. The weightage allotted to each subject in the syllabus of NEET PG 2018 can be seen in the NEET PG Exam Pattern section below.
NEET PG Exam Pattern 2018:
NBE has changed the marking scheme of NEET PG from this year. NEET PG 2018 will comprise multiple choice questions which candidates will attempt in the form of a Computer Based Test (CBT). The main highlights of the exam pattern of NEET PG 2018 are as follows –
- NEET PG 2018 will consist of a total of 300 multiple choice questions.
- Each question will have 4 options and candidates will have to choose the single correct response.
- NEET PG will have negative marking.
- Candidates will get four marks for every correct answer and one marks will be deducted for every incorrect response.
- No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
- The duration of the test will be 195 minutes. The first 15 minutes will be for the test tutorials, which will provide candidates with an opportunity to try the various software features available for the exam, including how to navigate between questions, review them, select, de-select, and change and mark responses with 15 minutes for the test tutorials and 180 minutes for answering the questions. The remaining 180 minutes will be attempting the actual exam.
Subject-Wise Weightage of Questions for NEET PG 2018:
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Medicine, Dermatology and Venereology||37|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy||12 (6 + 6)|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia||46|
The result of NEET PG 2018 will be declared by the NBE by January 31, 2018. Only those candidates will know their qualifying status in the NEET PG 2018 result who has secured a minimum of qualifying marks as per their category. The NEET PG 2018 score card will display the candidate’s marks and the rank secured and will be released in online mode only.
NEET PG Merit List 2018:
The merit list of NEET PG 2018 will be based on a candidate’s score in the NEET PG 2018 exam. The NBE will release multiple merit lists including those containing the overall merit positions of candidates along with those showing the All India 50% quota ranks and the All India 50% quota category ranks. NEET PG State Quota merit lists, along with those for private medical colleges, Deemed Universities and AFMS will be released by the respective state or institution authorities.
NEET PG Counseling 2018:
The counseling for NEET PG 2018 will be conducted by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) and Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) for 50% All India Quota seats, while it will be conducted by the State Government or a particular institute’s authorities for the state quota and private/deemed medical college’s seats respectively.