NEET PG 2018 Counseling
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate, popularly known as NEET-PG is a national level examination that is organized by National Board of Examinations (NBE) every year. Candidates interested in MD/MS or PG Diploma Courses should appear for NEET PG 2018.
NEET PG 2018 Result will be announced by NBE on January 31, 2018. Candidates can easily check their results online on the official website, nbe.edu.in.
- Candidates will have to log in to the official website to download their scorecard.
- The details required are Confirmation ID, Testing ID and Date of Birth as on the application form.
- The individual scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates will have to download and print it for further processes.
NEET PG 2018 score will be valid for the academic year 2018 only. NEET PG 2018 rank card is needed at the time of NEET-PG counseling. Seats in colleges and universities will be allotted to candidates according to the merit position secured by them in NEET-PG examination.
Different merit lists will be prepared on the basis of rank scored by every candidate in NEET PG 2018.
There are 3 merit lists that will be prepared, namely:
- All India NEET PG 2018 Rank
- All India 50% Quota Rank
- All India 50% Category Rank
- State quota or private medical colleges/ AFMS Rank
The minimum qualifying marks of NEET PG 2018 is different for different category candidates. It is mandatory for candidates to get the prescribed percentile with respect to the category they belong. The qualifying criteria for various category candidates are released by the official authorities.
- Percentage rank will tell about the overall performance of the candidate in the exam while percentile rank will give the comparison between two students.
- The percentile rank is used to standardize the score secured in the examination.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of answer sheets; therefore, the rank secured by a candidate is final.
The following table shows the qualifying percentile for each category:
NBE will provide the result of candidates for state quota seats. The reservation policies of different authorities and medical institutes vary. The authorities will prepare the merit list after the implication of their own norms and rules. Medical Council Committee will hold only the 15 % All India quota counseling.
Tie-Breaking Criteria: In case two candidates secured the same marks, the tie will be determined according to the age of the candidate. Older candidate will get the first preference than the younger ones.
NEET PG 2018 Counseling:
NEET PG 2018 Counselling of candidates will take place according to the candidates rank, namely All India NEET PG 2018 Rank, All India 50 % Quota Category Rank, All India 50 % Quota Rank and State Quota Rank.
Candidates need to fill their choice of courses and colleges in the counseling process. Admission of candidates will depend on their rank, filled preferences, and availability of seats.
Documents that candidates need to show during the time of counseling are as follows:
- NEET PG 2018 Admit Card and Rank Card
- 10th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- Counselling call letter
- Recent passport size photographs
The NEET PG counseling for 2018 will be organized by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) and DGHS (Directorate General of Health Services) in the online mode. Counselling will be conducted by them for giving admission to 50% All India Quota Seats. The State Government will take care of the seat allotment for the rest of 50% seats.