Tips for Preparing NEET PG Pharmacology
What is Pharmacology? Pharmacology is the branch of medicine and biology concerned with the study of drugs and drug action, how their application affects the prevention and treatment of disease and, where a drug can be broadly defined as any man-made, natural, or endogenous substance.
Before you start preparing for the NEET PG Pharmacology exam it is vitally important that you know your exam. Once you have a good understanding of the syllabus of NEET PG Pharmacology you can work out the amount of content you have to get through in the time that you have available.
Try to make your revision plan as early as possible and try to work out how much time you will need to spend revising each day. Write a checklist of topics that you will need to have covered and then think about which ones will require more revision time. Writing a revision timetable can be an extremely helpful way of making sure that you have covered everything before the day of the NEET-PG exam.
Pharmacology is a very vast subject and there is no shortcut to gaining proficiency in this subject. Candidates have to go through the subject twice or thrice to revise it before the NEET PG entrance exams. If you master pharmacology, you will get an edge over your competitors in NEET PG.
Prioritizing is an important aspect of the NEET PG Entrance exam study, therefore prioritize and study the below topics:
- Acidic drugs bind to Albumin
- Basic drugs, Glycoprotein (Alpha-1), siButramine, Orlistat, and rimonaBant are anti-OBesity drugs.
- Drugs highly bound to albumin:- Phenytoin, Fosphenytoin, Valproic acid, Salicylate, Probenecid, Warfarin.
- PDE inh.- Dipyridamole (also TXA2 synthase inhibitor).
- 2b/3a inh.- Abciximab, Eptifibatide, Tirofiban.
- ADP inh.- Ticlopidine, Clopidogrel.
- Mebendazole is DOC for Multiple infestations.
- Albendazole is DOC for NCC, Strongyloidiasis, Hydatid cyst disease, Cut. larva migrans.
For answering the pharmacology NEET PG questions, MedExamsPrep is a fantastic online resource which is closely aligned with the NEET PG exam. It is a reliable site to practice exam questions and a great way to prepare for the exam. It has helped many candidates to spot the gaps in their revision and resulted in success on their first attempt.