Though Anatomy dominates as a subject in NEET PG and MCH Preparation, physiology is a minor subject in NEET PG. The role of Physiology in Dm Subjects is very high and most questions based on physiological aspects are often ignored by DM Aspirants.
Physiology as a NEET PG Subject should not be however ignored. One cannot be non-serious about the role of minor subjects in NEET PG. Physiology though non clinical can be asked from medicine. There is a considerable overlap.
The number of questions asked from Physiology in DM subjects is quite surprising. We have been noticing increased trends in this aspect. Physiology is gaining a relook while preparing DM subjects especially General medicine, cardiology, endocrinology, nephrology and pulmonology along with neurology.
What is Important in NEET PG from Physiology ?
- Membrane conductance to sodium ions
- Influx of sodium ions and depolarization.
- Cell’s resting membrane potential
- Physiological Processes like Depolarization
- Physiological Processes like Hyperpolarization
- Physiological Processes like Transmembrane
- Synaptic transmission
- Neuromodulators in Physiology
- Ventricular depolarization due to a sodium influx.
- Physiology of Swallowing
- Physiological secretion of bile
- Physiological secretion of pancreatic juice
- Physiological secretion of saliva
- Physiological secretion of gastric juice
- Indices of preload are ventrilcular end-diastolic volume and pressure
- Indices of contractility
- Iso volumetric contraction
- Pulmonology and the The baroreceptor reflex
- Pressure gradient between the ventricle and aorta during ejection.
- Functional residual capacity
- Dead space air
- Concept of Intrapleural pressure
- Concept of collapse of the large airway
- Pulmonology And obstructive pattern
- Pulmonology and restrictive pattern
- Oxygen concentration in the inspired air
- Concept of Alveolar PCO2.
- Stretching smooth muscle Kinetics
Physiology of Secretion of Substances like
Asked in DM Exams from Physiology:
- Gastroenterology and Salivary secretions
- Gastroenterology Gastric acid secretion
- Gastroenterology The release of pancreatic enzymes
- Gastroenterology Digestion of lipid Digestion of carbohydrate by pancreatic amylases
- Digestion of protein by pancreatic proteases
- Physiological Processes like Absorption of carbohydrate
- Physiological Processes like Absorption of amino acids.
- Absorption of small peptides.
- Secondary active transport at the luminal membrane in the small intestine.
- Water and electrolytes reabsorption in the small intestine.
- Absorption kinetics of the bile salts and intrinsic factor-vitamin B12 complex.
- Tractology and Tactile sensation
- Tractology and two point discrimination
- Tractology and sensation of vibration
- Loss of Proprioception
- Sensory Ataxia
Physiological Control of Secretions and disorders due to
- ↑ Glucagon
- ↓insulin level
Regulatory Processes in Physiology
- Regulation of Synthesis of gluconeogenic enzymes in the liver
- Regulation Water excretion by the kidney
- Regulation of inflammation
- Regulation of insulin action
- Regulation of the immune system
Need to know the Latest on Important Molecules :
- Cell adhesion molecules
Our experts in physiology suggest having a strong fundamental knowledge of Physiology and read it from applied perspective. Good books like Ganong, Guyton, S Das, Borrowed concepts from Harrison , Best and Taylor need to be grasped well.
Our aim is to give students the best possible updates and knowledge and how to succeed with best possible content. Physiology is an important subject and should not be neglected for NEET PG . Infact NEET DM also needs due consideration and first few chapters concerning basic physiology need not be ignored. Practicing from online sources needs to be well in advance and standard online courses should be taken by aspirants.
For more info visit www.medexamsprep.com
Subscribe Our Latest NEET DM Packages!