Lots of Changes have occurred in conduct of Superspeciality Examinations. The NEET SS Exams now are more compact and clinically oriented.
The NBE conducts these and all Superspeciality NEET Exams as an online Computer based test. So Mch Aspirants for Reproductive Medicine and Surgery should be used to online tests.
Lately More focus on Basics has been seen in the Question Papers. Most important topics on which questions are asked are given below. Most students do clinical questions well as they are relatively simple but the questions based on physiology and biochemical aspects are very important. In view of tough competition in most of branches including Reproductive Medicine and Surgery students should be well prepared.
Fundamentals of physiology should be strong. Precise knowledge of physiology is important. Alteration in physiology leads to Pathology. Example of differentiation in below terms is very important. A Mch Aspirant should be able to differentiate between
- Early follicular phase
- Late follicular phase
- Ovulatory phase
- Luteal phase
Fundamentals of Histology, Histopathology, and Basic Anatomy are also of significance. Ability to differentiate and know about terms below is of importance.
- Cortical Ovarian Follicles
- The Primary Follicles
- The Growing Follicles
- Theca Folliculi
- Theca Externa and Theca Interna
- Zona Granulosa
- Follicular Fluid
- The Graffian Folicle
- The Corpus Luteum.
- Corpus luteum of Pregnancy
- Corpus luteum of Menstruation
- Corpus Albicans
Knowledge of Hormones cannot be underestimated. Questions on Basic Endocrinology are always on Examiner’s mind.
- HPA Axis
Terminology and some drugs frequently used form a good chunk of questions. A student should know pharmacology and indications of use of drugs like
- Calcium Channel blockers
Important Disease conditions should be always studied from main text books. The topics from which questions have been repeatedly asked are
- Causes of Hetro sexual virilising puberty
- Adrenal/ ovarian tumor
- Late onset congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Cushing syndrome
- 5ᾳ reductase deficiency
The Never to Miss Topics are Enlisted Below:
- Laurence moon biedi syndrome
- hypothalamic amenorrhea
- Frohlich syndrone
- Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism
- Klienfelter syndrome (XXY)
- Reifenstein syndrome (XY)
- Kallman syndrome
- Kennedy disease
- Eunuchoidal males (congential anorchia)
- Hereditary defects of androgen biosynthesis
- 21 – hydroxylase (P450c21) deficiency
- 11β – hydroxylase (P450c11) deficiency
- 3β – hydroxysteriod dehydrogenase deficiency
- 17β – hydroxylase (P450c17) deficiency
- 17β – hydroxysteriod dehydrogenase deficiency
- Congenital liqoid adrenal hyperplasia (STAR dificiency)
- Gonadotropin – resistant testes
- Anti – mullerian hormone deficiency
A deep understanding of topics is needed to pass the exams with good rank. That gives an opportunity to get good placement in a good college or hospital.
Most of Mch Candidates and Students usually start preparing for Superspeciality Mch exams in Post Pg Period and that is a good time to start with. One should not be too late in starting. Our students and Experts keep an eye on Developments around the NEET SS Examinations.
Mch aspirants at time of exams should have revised properly and should be specific about different clinical conditions and diseases and their etiology, presentation, differences in disease subsets and the standard is higher. Expect standard questions in your exams.
A diligent effort is needed to pass the exams. Online exams are highly recommended. They are most helpful in preparing a candidate for real tests. .
For more details visit – medexamsprep