How To Study Surgery for NEET PG 2018?
NEET PG Syllabus consists of topics approved by GMER notified by MCI with prior approval of Govt. of India. Graduate Medical Education Regulations 1997 is revised from time to time.
Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anesthesia have the largest share with 46 questions in NEET PG 2018.
Most Important Topics of Surgery for NEET PG 2018 are as follows:
- Abdominal Surgery: This is the largest portion of the surgery.
- Important Topics with Tips
- Concentrate on the different types of cancers.
- Treatment of cancers is usually not very important.
- Prognostic Factors for the different cancers are the most important.
- For Ca Colon, aspirants should focus on preparing the stages and the treatment for every stage, prognostic factors and the relevant anatomy for Colon Cancer.
- Gall Bladder: This is the most important part of abdominal surgery.
- Strictures and the operative management of strictures
- Complications which occur during Gall Bladder surgery
- Aspirants must focus on Anatomy of Liver since a lot of questions are asked in Medical PG Entrance from this topic
- Portal Hypertension: This is a highly important topic and should be interlinked with Medicine and Paediatrics.
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis
This section contributes comparatively lesser questions in PG exams. So it’s not as important as the other topics
Important Topics from Urology
- Ca Prostate and the upcoming treatments for Ca Prostate
- Congenital Anomalies should be covered with Paediatric Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery should not be neglected. At least one question is asked from Paediatric Surgery. It is short but a high yield topic.
- Renal stones
- RCC (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Miscellaneous Surgery: This section carries the maximum weight age in Medical PG Entrance.
- Breast: This is by far the most important topic of surgery and will appear in your exam.
The important topics under this section are:
- Ca Breast
- Benign lesions of the breast and their classification
- Aspirants must study Ca Breast in great depth.
- A lot of questions are asked on the approach to a patient with Ca Breast
- Triple Assessment
- Stages and Symptoms of Ca Breast and treatment for each stage
- Thyroid Important Topics are:
- Approach to solitary thyroid nodule is very important.
- All 4 types of Ca Thyroid Cancers – can be covered in Pathology or Surgery
- Transplant Important Topics are:
Basics of liver and kidney transplant with Indications and Contraindications
This is a highly scoring section provided that you read the question carefully. Use your common sense while answering questions on trauma.
You must prepare the ABCDE approach thoroughly since questions are frequently asked from the approach.
- Vascular Surgery: It is a very vast topic but not very important.
Important Topics under Vascular Surgery
- Varicose veins and its Treatment
- Graphs for Arterial Anastomosis
- Arterial disorders-TAO
- Arterial ulcer
- AV fistula
- Aortic dissection
- Aortic aneurysm
- Other topics
- Cleft lip and palate
- Salivary gland tumor
- Cystic hygroma
- General Surgery: The important topics under this are Burns, wound contamination, surgical site infection and nutrition.
Cracking NEET PG 2018 with good marks has always been regarded as an enriching and challenging experience. Because after getting admitted to MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses you will get a rewarding career and better future. Hence, REVISION is a must.
ALL THE BEST!