NEET SS Registration Guide 2018
NEET-SS stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Super Speciality Courses which is conducted for admission to MCh. (Master of Chirurgical) / DM (Doctorate of Medicine)/PDCC (Post Doctoral Certificate Courses). Read more about NEET SS here: What is NEET SS?
This exam is computer based and will be conducted usually in the month of June across 19 cities across the country.
Who Can Apply for NEET SS 2018?
Candidates who have completed MD/MS/DNB degree or possess Provisional Pass Certificate as recognized by Indian Medical Council Act 1956 or those who are likely to be in possession before the due dates are eligible to apply.
Registration and scheduling for appearing in NEET-SS 2018 is to be undertaken online at the website www.nbe.edu.in. Application forms cannot be submitted in offline printed copy by post.
Eligible candidates are required to pay online the amount of Rs. 3750. Payment can be done on the official website through net banking or Debit Card or Credit Card.
NOTE: Availability of seats will be on first come first serve basis. The list of test centers is available on the official website.
Important Instructions for NEET SS 2018:-
- Candidates must check their eligibility for NEETSS 2018 admission session on www.nbe.edu.in
- “*” indicates mandatory field. The boxes marked with this symbol must be filled in or candidates will not be allowed to complete the registration.
- Candidates must ensure that they have a valid and unique email address before beginning the registration process.
- Candidates appearing for NEET- SS will not be eligible to apply for FMGE and DNB-PDCET.
Candidates should ensure before applying for the registration that they possess a recognized degree/Provisional Pass Certificate of MD/MS/DNB as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act or an equivalent recognized qualification. If it is found at any time that MD/MS/DNB degree is not recognized, the candidature/result shall be cancelled/ deemed to be cancelled. All the correspondence should preferably be addressed by e-mail. The e-mail query shall be addressed only if it is not anonymous and contains the name, postal address and contact telephone number of the sender.
To register to take the NEET-SS, go to www.nbe.edu.in and click on the “Register for NEET- SS” link.
During registration, candidates will have to:
- Create a profile.
- Complete the NEET-SS application.
- Schedule the exam
- Pay for the exam. Estimated time to complete this process: 15 minutes. Before beginning, candidates should gather all the information needed to complete the registration process, including credit/debit card details, educational history, and internship details.
Create a Profile: In this section, candidates will enter basic contact information. Your name and email
- Candidates should enter their name exactly as it appears on their MBBS Degree/Provisional Pass Certificate of MBBS.
- Enter Gender.
- Enter the email address. This is where the Application email and Admit Card will be sent.
- Enter the Father’s and Mother’s name. Please do not prefix any salutation such as Shri/Smt/Dr/Mr/Mrs etc while entering the name. Ensure that there is a space between First Name, Middle Name and Last Name. Eg. Rakesh Kumar Gupta Create a login. Creating a login enables the candidates to log back in later if they need to make changes, or request a resend of their Admit Card or NEET-SS application.
Image and Digital Signature Upload: As a mandatory step, candidates will have to upload their color photo (must be clear against a white background and not more than 6 months old) and the image of their digital signature on their profile page. Candidates will have to click on the browse button to search for the image and upload them in the system. The instructions on the image specifications will be provided on the screen itself. Please follow the instructions carefully to upload the images. Candidates will be allowed to upload and edit the images during the registration window.
Note: Instructions to prepare the images of the required specification for upload are provided in the end of this registration guide.
Apply for NEET – SS 2018: Once the candidates have successfully created their profile, they will be taken to the exam selection screen. To register for NEET-SS, please select National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Super Specialty (NEET – SS) from the drop down menu.
Exam Information: Once the exam is selected, click on Save & Continue button. The next screen will be the exam information screen which will provide important information related to exam such as important dates, fees and program information.
Personal Information: On the personal information screen, candidate will be required to select the
Broad Specialty course in which he/she has done Post Graduation. The drop down will list 17 Broad Specialty courses. Candidate must ensure to select the correct Broad Specialty course as this information cannot be changed at a later stage. Candidates will need to enter their Nationality, category as per the Central List and Date of Birth.
Photo ID and MCI/SMC Certificate Upload: All candidates will be required to mandatorily upload the image of their photo id that they will be carrying to the test centre on the day of the exam and their MCI/SMC certificate online. Click on the browse button to search for and upload the documents. Candidates can upload as well as edit the photo id and the MCI/SMC certificate during the registration window.
Note: Instructions to prepare the document of the required specification for upload are provided at the end of this registration guide.
Declaration by Candidate: In this section, candidates will be required to choose “I Agree” or “I Disagree” to the declaration statement. This declaration affirms that candidates are eligible to take the NEET-SS and all the information that is entered is correct.
After reading this section, candidates need to choose “I agree,” in order to click “Save & Continue” to proceed to the next section. If you select “I disagree,” you will not be allowed to proceed
The next step will be to choose the preferred location where one would like to take the exam.