Preparing NEET PG Pharmacology 2019-2020 Exams
NEET Pharmacology Trends
Pharmacology is an important NEET Subject. It seems to be tough and is studied during the Second year of MBBS. Thus during the final year and internship, it is almost forgotten. That makes it a bit tough as most of the topics are not retained.
Another thing is that it is not a conceptual Subject and there are fewer clues to attain, so two to three revisions are must before the entrance or as much as possible.
How to Prepare Pharmacology
Our Experts suggest that we should have a know how of our latest Syllabus and the New Exam pattern of NEET PG. The exam pattern is now different and challenging and changing frequently these days, with an introduction of negative markings and increasing level of questions. The Subject has a weight age of 10-25 questions.
Pharmacology as a part of medicine mostly concerned with the study of drugs, its action and their application for the treatment of disease. Understanding the syllabus is utmost importance which will help you to work out the amount of content and time that is available.
- General Pharmacology( 3-6 DAYS): Clinical trials, Phases, Prodrugs, Kinetics, Pharmacodynamics, CYP Enzymes, Receptors mechanism, Drug delivery systems.
- Autonomic Nervous System and Peripheral Nervous System (3-6 DAYS): Receptors and its blockers (a,b), Applied pharmacology.
- Central Nervous system( 3-6 DAYS): Anti-Psychotics and Anti-depressants, Atypical antipsychotics, Opioids, Alcohol sedatives.
- Autacoids(2-4 DAYS) : NSAIDS, Anti-gout drugs.
- Cardiovascular, GIT, Respiratory system(One week): Anti-arrhythmic, Anti-angina, JNC-8 guidelines and newer drugs in Anti-hypertensive.
- Hormones (2-6 Days).
- Antibiotics(1 week)
- Antiparasitic Drugs, Antifungals( One day each )
- Chemotherapy(2 -4 DAYS): Anticancer drugs, Immunosupressants.
- Treatment of poisoning, Chelating agents and Toxicology. (One day each )
- Immunomodulation and immunotherapy. (One day each )
- Management of micronutrients deficiency disorders. (One day each )
- Latest Drugs( One day each )
- Monoclonal Antibodies( One day each )
- Vitamins, Vaccination ( One day each )
- Attempt tests
- Be confident
- Be Regular in Your Studies
- Don’t Overconsult
- Never Overstress
- Practice properly
- Revise properly
- Study smart
- Make a Time Friendly Strategy
We recommend you to make a registry of your own important points and keep notes, Pinpoint the difficult topics and highlight the important words and topics for your last hour revision before the exams. Keep adequate time for Revision Especially for Subjects like Pharmacology and Anatomy.
These Subjects are Highly Volatile. We recommend you to do Group study and discussion. It should be a group of maximum 3-5 students where you can discuss and share your views, ideas and doubt about the preparations and its right amount of exposure for the competition.
Medexams Provides in depth Revision and Complete Subject wise Preparation Module for Getting Good ranks in NEET PG. Our Online Module is one of the Better means of Preparing for your NEET PG Exams. For More details visit www.medexamsprep.com