Latest about Nipah Virus Outbreak
For NEET PG, NEET DM
- Has Caused Latest Outbreak in Kerala
- A Deadly virus ,
- Highly Pathogenic
Incubation Period : 5-14 Days
- Causes Severe Disease in Animals and Humans
- Transmitted by fruits/food Infected by various specifies of Bats
- Belongs to Petropodioade Family , Petropus Genus , Paramyxovirus .
- Causes severe Respiratory and Cerebral Symptoms ( Fatal Encephalitis and Acute Respiratory Syndrome )
- No Specific Treatment yet.
- Treatment is Supportive Therapy with Vital Monitoring
- No vaccination available as Yet