Super Specialty Exam & NEET SS General Instructions
NEET SS stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Super-Specialty courses i.e. MCh. (Master of Chirurgical) / DM (Doctorate of Medicine)/PDCC (Post Doctoral Certificate Courses).
National Board of Examinations recently came out with an announcement that NBE shall be conducting NEET SS (NEET Super-specialty) for the first time in the country; there shall be a common entrance exam for admissions to DM/Mch/PDCC courses.
What is NEET SS – NEET Super Specialty Exam:
In 1982 Government of India established the National Board of Examinations (NBE) an autonomous organization with prime objective of conducting postgraduate entrance examinations on an all India basis.
NEET-SS is one among them. NEET SS is an eligibility-cum-ranking entrance examination prescribed to various DM/M.Ch. Courses as per the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Act, 2016.
For all Super Specialty DM/MCh courses in the country, NEET-SS is a single-window entrance examination. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to DM/MCh Courses as per the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Act, 2016 w.e.f. 2018 admission session. It’s mandatory to qualify in NEET SS for gaining entry to DM/M.Ch. Courses under various Universities/Institutions in the country.
NOTE: – AIIMS, New Delhi /PGIMER, Chandigarh/ SRICHITRA, Thiruvanathapuram /NIMHANS, Bengaluru /JIPMER, Puducherry are institutions not covered by NEET-SS.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS of NEET-SS
- NEET-SS 2018 is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for admission to DM/MCh. courses of the admission session. The time schedule for completion of the Admission Process for Super-specialty courses can be seen at Annexure B of NEET-SS Information Bulletin.
- There will be a selection and admission process to Super Specialty seats in any medical Institution recognized for running Super Specialty courses as per Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility to NEET SS, medical fitness and such criteria as may be prescribed by the respective Universities, Medical Institutions, Medical Council of India, State/Central Government.
- Online Registration and Scheduling begins in early 2020. Online Registration and Scheduling for the examination must be completed by tentatively May 2020.
- Applications of those candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE /MoHFW/Other Institutions.
- Candidates should read the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, and pattern of examination for any queries about NEET SS 2018. Any queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues shall be entertained by NBE if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on the website www.nbe.edu.in.
- Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered for NEET SS 2018 and are liable to be rejected. The NEET SS examination fee will not be refunded in such cases.
- Fees will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications of NEET SS 2018 and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and exam fees will not be returned even in such a case. Once submitted Application of NEET SS 2018 cannot be withdrawn.
- Few or Some of the instructions in the information-bulletin are liable to changes based on decisions taken by the NBE /MoHFW/Constitutional Authorities from time to time. There is no equity or any rights that are /or deemed to be arising in favor of candidate aspiring for NEET SS.
- NBE reserves all rights to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the NEET-SS 2018 even though admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on the website.
- Any NEET SS 2018 candidates’ eligibility is purely provisional & is subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the MCI /University/ Medical College or Institute. Candidates should ensure before applying for the registration that they possess a recognized degree/Provisional Pass Certificate of MD/MS/DNB as per provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act or an equivalent recognized qualification. If any candidates’ MD/MS/DNB degree is not recognized, the candidature/result shall be canceled/ deemed to be canceled.
- In case of any ambiguity in the interpretation of any of the instructions/ terms/rules/criteria regarding the determination of eligibility/conduct of examinations/registration of candidates/information contained herein, the interpretation of the National Board of Examinations will be final and binding.